At this time, the Department has not placed a limit on the number of undergraduate English or American Literature and Culture majors at UCLA. The Department does stipulate that to declare either Bachelor of Arts program as your major, you must not be on academic probation. If you are a continuing student, you must have completed one quarter at UCLA.

To declare English or American Literature and Culture as a major, bring a copy of your Degree Progress Report to the English Undergraduate Counseling Office, Humanities 158/160. You may print out your own DPR from URSA, or go to your counseling unit (College Academic Counseling, AAP, Honors, Athletics) to request a copy. A counselor will discuss your academic plan and change your major online. Your new major will appear immediately on your Degree Progress Report.

Adding a Second Major

Please go to the College of Letters and Science's web page concerning the procedures for declaring a second major: